The section below lists the entirety of Mineplex's history in the year 2014.
December 23rd, 2014 - Christmas Update Edit
- [Added] Search and Destroy released to public Beta.
- [Added] Released Frost Lord Particles for a limited time.
- [Miscellaneous] Clans announced.
- [Added] Wither Assault released to Mixed Arcade.
- [Changed] Partially removed snow in the lobby.
Legend Rank Edit
- [Added] Released Legend Rank. Not to be confused with the June 27th, 2013 update.
Mineplex Player Servers Edit
- [Added] Released Mineplex Player Servers.
- [Added] Added maps Floating Market and Arrowhead to Dragons.
- [Added] Added map Canyon to One in the Quiver.
- [Added] Added map Amplified to Super Smash Mobs.
- [Added] Added map Whoville to Snake.
- [Added] Added map Early Bird to Bacon Brawl.
December 14th, 2014 - Regarding the Christmas Update! Edit
Christmas Chaos Edit
- [Changed] Limited # of available servers from unlimited to 250.
- [Fixed] Fixed bug about overloading lobbies.
- [Miscellaneous] Announced new prize for completing Christmas Chaos. Prize is still in development.
December 12th, 2014 - Winter Update (Christmas Chaos) Edit
- The 2014 Christmas Chaos Event begins.
- [Miscellaneous] 33% off in shop.
- [Added] Christmas Chaos game released for a limited time.
- [Miscellaneous] Search and Destroy announced.
December 5th, 2014 - Little Update Edit
- [Added] New Achievement Ability in Champions for the Brute.
- [Added] Added map Industrial Grove to Champions.
Wither Assault Edit
- [Added] Added map Sky Ruins to Wither Assault.
November 22nd, 2014 - Red Warfare Update Edit
- [Miscellaneous] Announced the merge of Red Warfare server with Mineplex.
Red Warfare Edit
- [Miscellaneous] Unknown; games from the old Red Warfare server like Wizards and/or Search and Destroy may be implemented.
November 21st, 2014 - Champions and Updates Edit
- [Added] Added Achievement Abilities for Assassin, Ranger, Knight, and Mage classes in Champions.
- [Added] Added map Inferno to Mine-Strike.
Wither Assault Edit
- [Added] Humans now receive Leather Armor and Double Jump in Wither Assault.
- [Changed] Humans don't have three lives anymore in Wither Assault. When killed, they will be stunned, and can be revived with a Revival Potion. Humans start with two Revival Potions.
- [Changed] In Wither Assault, Withers move slower and their Wither Skull attack damage decreases when close to the ground.
November 15th, 2014 - Wither Assault and Maps Edit
Wither Assault Edit
- [Added] Wither Assault is now in public Beta.
- [Added] Added maps Half-Moon Island and Wild West to One in the Quiver and Death Tag.
- [Added] Added map When Pigs Fly to Bacon Brawl.
- [Added] Added maps Castles and Itty Bitty City to Micro Battle.
November 7th, 2014 - Kits and Updates Edit
- [Added] Added Time, Selector, and Tool Kits to Draw My Thing.
- [Added] Added Briber Kit to Sneaky Assassins.
- [Added] Added Mineplex Level.
- [Added] Added Slam Shooter Kit to One in the Quiver
- [Removed] Removed 2014 Halloween Horror minigame and Flaming Pumpkins.
- [Added] Added I Heart You Particle.
- [Changed] Updated Shadow Walk Particle.
- [Changed] Updated Green Ring Particle.
- [Changed] Equipped Particle Effects no longer appear while playing Champions.
- [Changed] Arctic Armor skill will now damage enemies frozen underwater.
- [Fixed] Taking damage now closes Class GUI, this prevents people having skills while dead.
- [Changed] Added Skills display for when you hover over a Custom Build icon.
- [Changed] Capture Points now have colored glass and beacons.
- [Changed] Allowed use of the /kill command.
- [Fixed] Fissure skill now works correctly if used while standing on a half-block.
- [Fixed] Fortitude skill no longer heals more than the damage you took.
- [Changed] Fortitude skill heal delay reduced by 0.5s.
- [Changed] Diggers can no longer remove blocks for other players.
- [Fixed] Clicking with Ender Pearl before game starts will no longer give errors.
- [Changed] Player Max is now 5 instead of 8.
- [Fixed] Wins are now recorded properly.
- [Fixed] Keen Eye Achievement now works.
Updates as a result of 1.8 breaking many parts of the game.
- [Changed] * You no longer click on Sheep to pick them up. Hold the Saddle and walk near Sheep to pick them up. There is a 0.5 second cooldown between being able to pick up Sheep now.
- [Changed] Dropping Sheep by taking damage gives a 3 second Sheep pickup cooldown.
- [Changed] Cannot deal damage while carrying Sheep/Players.
- [Changed] Brute now throws by pushing Drop.
- [Changed] Berserker now has Double Jump instead of Leap.
- [Fixed] Incompetence Achievement now works.
- [Changed] I See You Achievement now requires 50 reveals instead of 250.
- [Changed] Skeleton can now hold up to 4 arrows at once.
- [Changed] Sheep can now use the Static Lazer Skill while airborne.
October 31st, 2014 - Kits, Balance, Maps Edit
Announced 50% off sale in the Mineplex store.
- Changed Compass display so it doesn't bob item in 1.8.
- NPCs are not moved as much by Gadgets.
- Can no longer use TNT Gadget to cheat Parkours.
- Kit items no longer take damage.
- Removed 11 Disc from the Music section of the Gadgets.
- Added map China Town to Sneaky Assassins.
- Added map Seasons to Micro Battle.
- Added map Swamp to Super Smash Mobs.
- The Blaze's Firefly Skill Startup is now only cancelled by attacks that do more than 4 damage. Increased cooldown time to 12 seconds.
- The Creeper's Sulphur Bomb has its hit radius increased from 2 to 2.5 Blocks.
- The Enderman's Blink Skill has its range increased from 12 to 16. Block Toss's minimum velocity reduced from 25% to 0%.
- The Iron Golem's Iron Hook velocity increased from 1.6 to 1.8. The Fissure Skill has been readded.
- The Magma Cube's armor increased from 3 to 4. Magma Blast now ignites players for 4 seconds.
- The Pig's Bouncy Bacon Skill has its damage increased from 3.5 to 4. Nether Pig Form's armor decreased from 10 to 8; return to normal Pig at 6 health instead of 8. Baby Bacon Bomb's time alive decreased from 6 to 4 seconds.
- The Sheep's Static Lazer Skill has its max range decreased from 48 to 40. Wool Mine's explosion radius decreased from 10 to 9. Wooly Rocket's upward velocity decreased from 1.2 to 1; cooldown decreased from 12 to 10 seconds.
- The Skeletal Horse's Bone Rush Skill has its damage per bone decreased from 1 to 0.7.
- The Skeleton's knockback infliction due to Archery has been decreased from 200% to 175%. Bone Explosion's knockback multiplier decreased from 4x to 2.5x.
- The Sky Squid can inflict more damage; increased from 5 to 6. Ink Shotgun's velocity increased from 1 to 1.2, pellet count increased from 5 to 6, and knockback multiplier increased from 2x to 3x.
- The Slime's Health Regeneration has been reduced from 0.4 to 0.35. Slime Slam's recoil damage decreased from 50% to 25%. Slime Rocket's damage changed from (Size * 5) to 3 + (Size * 3); cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- The Snowman's Health Regeneration reduced from 0.4 to 0.3 Snow Bonus's bonus damage decreased from 2 to 1.
- The Spider's Spider Leap no longer uses Energy. Wall Grab changed to Wall Climb, you now slowly climb up walls when holding Shift; using Wall Climb recharges Spider Leap once. Fully recharges Energy when on ground; does not recharge Energy any other time. Web Shot changed to Spin Web, gives you a boost in the direction the player is looking; launches 16 webs behind you, webs deal 6 damage to anyone they hit, and they create a temporary spider web.
- The Witch's Bat Leash has its maximum duration decreased from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
- The Wolf's Ravage Skill has its maximum bonus damage changed to 2. Cub Tackle's tackle time decreased from 5 to 4 seconds.
- All 5 Custom Build slots are available to everyone.
- Fixed some skills being able to be used underwater.
- Wolf's Fury will not count a 'miss' if you hit an enemy, but will deal no damage (damage rate).
- Spectators can no longer set off Proximity Mines.
- Tripwire/String removed.
- Stampede no longer builds up in water.
- The Knight's Bull's Charge Skill has its inflicted Slowness Buff on enemy decreased from 3 to 2. Hold Position's Slowness Buff on self increased from 3 to 4. Fortitude's time to restore health decreased from 4 to 3.
- The Brute's Takedown Skill has its recoil damage decreased from 100% to 50%. Crippling Blow has been changed to a single level skill; gives Slowness I for 1.5 seconds.
- The Assassin's Evade Skill has its activate energy cost decreased from 32 - 2 per level to 24 - 2 per level; drain energy cost reduced from 24 - 4 per level to 16 - 2 per level. The Blink Skill has its energy cost decreased from 80 - 4 per level to 64 - 4 per level. The Leap Skill has its cooldown decreased by 1 second; Wall Kick now has short cooldown. Smoke Bomb no longer blinds yourself; duration of bomb increased by 1 second.
- The Mage's Blizzard Skill has its energy cost increased by 2. Ice Prison duration increased from 2 + 1 per level to 2 + 1.5 per level.
- The Ranger's Wolf's Pounce has a cooldown of 6 seconds added and cannot be canceled. The Disengage Skill now gives 2 seconds of invulnerability upon activation. The Agility Skill no longer gives invulnerability; gives 45% + 5% per level damage reduction, and you take no knockback. The Barrage Skill starts charging after the bow is drawn back (Overcharge) and no longer triggers Barbed Arrows. Vitality Spores no longer give regeneration; now heals 1 health per second if you haven't taken damage for 5 - 1 per level seconds.
- MAC no longer suspects cheats if you walk on top of a disguised player.
- Using fireworks against usable blocks now uses a firework.
- You now take damage if water is on your top half as well.
- You can no longer place blocks underwater.
- Fixed exploit where hackers were able to open middle chests.
- Defenders can now right-click on fences to temporarily disable them.
- Ranger now has Barrage.
- Players are semi-invisible for first 10 seconds.
- Can no longer purchase items as spectator.
- Initial arrows no longer have a glitched texture.
- Can no longer duplicate water bottles.
- Blocks decay faster, so you can no longer Sneak and not fall.
- Fixed typo in Magma Cube's skill.
- Spectators are no longer be able to push Powerups.
- Necromancer Kit can now be purchased.
- Players get more Wool when spawning, and in Build Time.
- Spectators will no longer get spammed about head pickup.
October 24th, 2014 - Pumpkins, Kits, Maps Edit
- Added Flaming Pumpkins for a limited time.
- Added Sir. Sheep Kit to Super Smash Mobs.
- Added Destructor Kit to Bridges.
- Added Horseman Kit to Survival Games.
- Added map Opera to Draw My Thing.
- Added map Tropics to Dragons.
- Added map Wasted Lands to Super Smash Mobs.
- Added map Sinkhole to Turf Wars.
- AWP now takes 0.5 seconds to be accurate upon scoping.
- Shotgun damage slightly decreased.
- P90 damage slightly decreased.
October 17th, 2014 - Halloween Edit
- Added Achievements for Mine-Strike, Sneaky Assassins, Micro Battle, Runner, Super Spleef, and One in the Quiver.
- Sneaky Assassins and Micro Battle are out of Beta.
- Milk the Cow has been removed.
- Snake now has its own Portal.
- Fixed Ultra Hardcore bug where servers closed before Gems were awarded.
- Lots of minor bug fixes.
October 13th, 2014 - MAC Update Edit
- Improved detection algorithms.
- Improved staff integration.
- Stricter conditions.
October 11th, 2014 - UHC and Mine-Strike Edit
- Out of Beta.
- Improved audio.
- Added map Mirage.
- Lowered gun recoil.
- Rebalanced weapons.
- Players can no longer quickscope.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Only playable on Minecraft 1.8 or above.
October 3rd, 2014 - Friends, Ranks, Maps Edit
- Added Friends system.
- Ultra and Hero ranks now receive monthly bonuses.
- Ultra has a 25% more chance to find Game Loot, Hero has 50%.
- Added map Flower Forest to Super Spleef.
- Added map Ancient Islands to Super Smash Mobs.
- Added map Wayne's Ranch to Milk the Cow.
- Added map Urban to Snake.
- Added map Imaginary to Runner.
September 19th, 2014 - Mine-Strike & Chests Edit
- Mine-Strike released to public Beta.
- Released Treasure Chests, along with Treasure Keys.
- Added Game Loot.
September 16th, 2014 - Ranks, Leaders, MS Edit
Note: The original post on Mineplex.com did not completely contain updates. This is just part of it.
Announced the selling of permanent Ranks permanently.
- Lifetime and Subscription rates are now almost completely identical.
- Ultra Benefits
- Hero Benefits
- Members now have access to Beta Test Servers.
September 13th, 2014 - Tournament and Ranks Edit
Announced the selling of permanent Ranks for a limited time.
August 26th, 2014 - The Map Update Edit
- Added Statistics and Achievements.
- Arcade minigame Micro Battle released to Beta.
- Main Lobby redesigned.
|Bacon Brawl||"Epic Meal"|
|Dragon Escape||"Pirate Bay"|
|One in the Quiver||"La Palma"|
|Sheep Quest||"Isle Of Sheep"|
|Super Smash Mobs||"Glacier"|
|Super Spleef||"Medieval Island"|
|Survival Games||"Aztec Island" (formerly "Forgotten Temple")|
August 9th, 2014 - Big New Changes (The Great Update) Edit
- Main article: The Great Update
- Removed Premium Servers. All servers are now free to play for all players.
- Statistics, Achievements, and Achievement Kits announced.
- Added Coins.
- Announced Treasure Chests, Particle Effects, Gem Boosters, and Cosmetics trading announced.
- Survival minigame Ultra Hardcore progress announced.
- Beta Arcade minigame Sneaky Assassins released.
- Champions minigame Team Deathmatch released to general public.
- Players must talk to the NPC at the start of each Parkour in order to claim rewards for completing it; eliminates cheating.
- Gem reward for completing Parkour increased.
- All rank-exclusive kits are now purchasable with Gems. Buying a new rank no longer unlocks all kits.
July 18th, 2014 - Ultra for $4.99! Edit
July 18th, 2014 - The Great Restructure Edit
|Helper (later Trainee)||
July 16th, 2014 - Servers, Spu, and UHC Edit
Announced Spu's departure from the Mineplex Leadership Team.
- Added Dynamic Servers, which maximize the number of game lobbies available for play.
- Announced Ultra Hardcore Beta.
June 18th, 2014 - Man the Battlements! Edit
- Castle Siege 2.0 released.
April 27th, 2014 - Champions and MAC Edit
- Champions 2.0 has been released.
- Castle Siege 2.0 announced - Ultra and Hero only.
- Mineplex Anti-Cheat released.
April 11th, 2014 - 1.7.9 Update Edit
- All servers updated to Minecraft 1.7.9.
- Lots of bug fixes.
March 13th, 2014 - Staff Appreciation! Edit
- Sheep Quest released for all players the next day.
- Gravity released to Beta the next day, for Ultras and Heroes only.
March 1st, 2014 - Weekend Update! Edit
February 18th, 2014 - Presents! Edit
- Added the 5000 Gem Registered User Bonus.
January 18th, 2014 - SSM Update Edit
- Added Pig Kit.
- The Iron Golem's Fissure skill has been removed. Iron Hook replaces Fissure. Seismic Slam's range has been increased from 6 to 8; knockback is now much more horizontal.
- The Skeleton's Bone Explosion skill now has a more horizontal knockback.
- The Slime's Slime Rocket has its minimum velocity increased; slimes survive for longer after being launched.
- The Creeper's Static Shield has its damage decreased from 6 to 4.
- The Enderman's Block Toss skill has its charge time decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds, minimum throw power increased from 0% to 25%, max velocity increased from 1.2 to 1.4, and damage decreased from 2 + (10*velocity) to 2 + (8*velocity).
- The Snowman's Aura Bonus has its bonus damage from enemies on snow reduced from 3 to 2. Blizzard's damage per Snowball has been decreased from 1.5 to 1.
- The Blaze's Firefly skill has its startup time increased from 1.25 seconds to 1.5 seconds, and its flight time from 1.25 seconds to 1 second.
- The Witch's Health Regeneration has been increased from 0.15 to 0.3. Bat Wave has many more bats, a wider cone, and now moves slower (will get more hits). Throw Potion deals more damage, and gives knockback (instead of just mini-stun).
- The Sky Squid's Super Squid skill has its duration decreased from 1 to 0.8 seconds.
- The Wither Skeleton's Wither Illusion has the health of its illusions decreased from 50 to 16.
- The Magma Cube's damage has been decreased from 6 to 5.