One in the Quiver
|Also known as||OITQ|
|Official Release Date||August 16th, 2013|
|Number of Players||8 - 16|
|Game/Statistics Menu Icon||Bow|
* Skeleton * Bow
- Main article: Games
One in the Quiver, commonly shortened to OITQ, is an Arcade minigame on Mineplex that was released on August 16th, 2013. One in the Quiver is supposedly based on Call of Duty: Black Ops' "One in the Chamber" gamemode. Players must be the first to reach 20 kills in a free-for-all match, mainly by using bows that will kill any player in one hit, although melee weapons can be used when the player runs out of arrows.
When players spawn, they will be scattered throughout the map with their kit-specific equipment and one arrow each.
Each arrow kills any player in one hit, regardless of charge time, under any circumstances. While arrows are the preferred method of attack, they come in short supply; in other words, arrows are not fetched like in most minigames. Instead, the only way to get more arrows is to kill other players or respawn. If the player has no more arrows, then they must resort to their weaker melee weapon.
Players respawn instantly, and there is no time limit. The round ends after a player reaches 20 kills.
Kill Combos Edit
After players achieve a certain number of kills in a row without dying, they will be awarded kill combos. Kill combos are spoken in chat ([user] GOT [kill combo]!), and add to the player's Gem earnings.
- 3 kills - Triple Kill
- 5 kills - Mega Kill
- 7 kills - Monster Kill
- 9 kills - Ultra Kill
- 11 kills - Unstoppable
- 13 kills - Godlike
- 20 kills - Perfect Run
Maps in rotation Edit
|Kit||Official Description||Melee Weapon||Special Ability||Requirement|
Evade and kill using your double jump!
|Stone Sword (Formerly Iron Axe)||Double Jump - Tap the Jump key twice in quick succession to propel the player forward in the direction they are looking.||Free|
|Brawler||Missed your arrow? Not a big deal.||Iron Sword||Strength - Deal 1 extra damage by having an iron sword.||2000 Gems|
|Enchanter||3 Kills [sic], 1 Arrow [sic].||Stone Sword||Chain Arrows - Upon contact, arrows bounce to nearby enemies. If no enemies are nearby, arrow bounces in a random direction. Arrows bounce up to 2 times.||5000 Gems|
|Slam Shooter||Gets 2 arrows for killing slammed players!||Diamond Shovel (Formerly Iron Shovel)||Ground Pound - Press the Use Item/Place Block key to throw enemies around the player into the air, dealing area-of-effect damage from the initial slam and the ensuing fall. Enemies killed by this skill give the player 2 arrows instead of the usual 1 arrow.||5000 Gems|
|Ninja||You're a sneaky one, you!||Golden Sword||Vanishing Act - Become invisible for 2 seconds each kill.||Unlock all
One in the Quiver achievements.
General Tips Edit
- Players should always keep moving to prevent from being sniped or from being backstabbed by respawning players.
- Using this logic, it is a bad idea to keep aiming for too long, as it drastically reduces the player's speed.
- Players should always charge their bows the least as possible in order to hit their enemies. A short charge time minimizes the time enemies have a chance to hit the player.
- Water is a good place to lure other players, as it also cuts down on their speed immensely, making them an easy target.
- If two players are locked in a melee PvP battle, players should try shooting into it. Most of the time, they should hit someone.
- When players are confronted with a melee battle and they have arrows left, their first method of attack should be using their arrows instead of their melee weapon. More often than not, a weak bow charge at close proximity should be sufficient to hit enemies, killing them faster than a melee weapon. This minimizes the time the player is vulnerable due to staying in a confined area for melee attacks, as well as the time the enemy has to damage the player.
|One of a Kind||Win 50 games of One in the Quiver.||600 Gems|
|The Perfect Game||Win without dying.||3000 Gems|
|Sharpshooter||Hit 8 enemies in a row with arrows.||1200 Gems|
|What's a Bow?||Win a game without using a bow.||1200 Gems|
|One in the Quiver Master Achievement||Unlock all One in the Quiver achievements.||Ninja kit.|
Gem Rewards Edit
The list below shows the maximum sum of Gems a player may earn at any given time without any boosters of any sort. Gem earnings are rounded down and sorted alphabetically, excluding variables.
- 0.5x Gems for x Kills
- 0.5x Gems for x Kill Assists
- x + 1 Gems for x-Kill Combo
- 10 Gems for Participation
- Unlike in Champions, the map Twin Peaks was not updated to Twin Peaks Extreme.
- The old map is only playable in One in the Quiver.
- Main article: History
June 22nd, 2017 - Micro Battles Map Updates Edit
- [Removed] Archmouth Dam and Timberland (maps)
March 4th, 2017 - March Map Update Edit
- [Added] Scorched (map)
December 2nd, 2016 - Winter is here! Edit
- [Fixed] Missing barrier blocks on Archmouth Dam
September 1st, 2016 - September Map Update Edit
- [Added] Timberland (map)
August 4th, 2016 - August Map Update Edit
- [Added] Archmouth Dam and Tiger Forest (maps)
June 2nd, 2016 - June Map Update Edit
- [Added] Ruins 2.0 and Crater Town (maps)
- [Changed] Jumper kit's weapon to Stone Sword
- [Changed] Enchanter kit's weapon to Enchanted Diamond Shovel
May 6th, 2016 - May Map Update Edit
- [Added] Dust Bowl (map)
- [Removed] Ruins and Winter Breeze (maps)
November 17th, 2015 - Jumper Patch Update Edit
- [Fixed] Triple Jump and Wall Climb bug
August 2nd, 2015 - Kit Overhaul Update Edit
- [Added] Ninja (New Achievement Kit)
- [Changed] Slam Shooter is no longer an achievement kit and purchasable for 5000 gems.
- [Changed] Slam Shooter's weapon is now a diamond shovel.
July 3rd, 2015 - Map Update Edit
- [Removed] La Palma, Oasis Attack, Wild West and Canyon (maps)
February 15th, 2015 - 5th Generation Edit
- [Added] Winter Breeze (map)
December 23rd, 2014 - 4th Generation Edit
- [Added] Canyon (map)
November 15th, 2014 - 3rd Generation Edit
- [Added] Half-Moon Island and Wild West (maps)
November 7th, 2014 - Kits and Updates Edit
- [Added] Slam Shooter as Achievement Kit
- [Fixed] Initial arrows no longer have a glitched texture.
- [Added] Achievements
September 12th, 2014 - 2nd Generation Edit
- [Added] La Palma and Oasis Attack (maps)
August 16th, 2013 - Update Details (The Explosive Update) Edit
- [Added] One in the Quiver released