- Main article: Cosmetics
Treasure Shards, formerly known as Coins, are a currency on Mineplex that were added in the EULA update. In Vanilla Minecraft, they are the prismarine shard item. Treasure Shards are only cosmetic, they do not have any functional effect in Minigames. The cosmetic items that shards can buy can be used in the hub and in game lobbies. The name was changed on December 13, 2015.
Ways to obtain ShardsEdit
The ways to get Treasure Shards are to:
Available Ways Edit
- Collect them from a Treasure Party Bomb.
- Get them from Game Loot (rare).
- Find them in Treasure Chests from Duplicates.
- Playing Games and Earning Gems. You earn 1 shard per gem, increased by 50% for Ultra, 100% for Hero, 150% for Legend , 200% for Titan and above (excluding the Gem Hunter or the time of being online bonuses).
- Various Morphs
- Win them in a spin (Carl Ticket).
- Collect the daily reward.
- Valentines Gifts (rare) 130-150 Shards.
- Finding them in Gem Hunters Ender Chests, small chance.
- Find them in Flaming Pumpkins (from the 2014/2015 Halloween Horror Event or 2016 Pumpkin's Revenge Event - currently unavailable).
- Find them in Christmas Chests (from the 2015 and 2016 Christmas Chaos Event - currently unavailable).
- Find them in Egg Baskets (from the Easter 2015 and 2017 Event - currently unavailable).
- Find them in Thanksgiving Chickens (from the Thanksgiving 2016 Event - currently unavailable)
- Coins used to be available to purchase on mineplex.com/shop before they became Shards. This was probably removed since the EULA clearly stated not to make people purchase virtual currency using real money.